Friday, May 15, 2009

If Things couldn't get more Ridiculous...

so for a bit of background on this rather huge development in my life, i'm going to have to tell you all about the single most massive subject in my life. from this occurrence, every other little problem in my life has been a long-term side affect.

when i was ten months old, i fell into a bathtub and turned the water up all the way. for some reason or another, the water heater was set as high as it could go. so as i fell in i spun the tub's knob and the temperature soared to somewhere in the estimated vicinity of 174 degrees F. i have, as such, sustained major burns all over my body. also, because of how i was positioned, i lost all the fingers on my right hand.

after years of searching, we found a surgeon that was willing to put fingers on my hand in a way that agreed with me. Dr. Khouri performed many simple skin grafts and such to prepare for the coup d'grace: he took my toes and put them on my hand. the thumb when i was seven, the finger when i was 8. so i have gone practically my entire life with this 'disability'. i honestly don't see it as a disability.

don't call me a hero (poorboy, hoagie, whatever) or a trooper , i can't take it anymore, for one thing. also, i don't see me as being different from anyone else. if i did i would perhaps call this a 'challenge' or a 'misfortune'. it is what it is. i simply learned at an early age not to need my right hand. unfortunately my brain really and truly was wired for being right-handed, so my handwriting sucks and my fingers aren't quick enough to play good guitar, but ah well.

i digress. the main thing is that i had LOTS of blood given to me over the years. an estimated 50 units in 12 years. i found out yesterday that i now have a virus thta has most likely been incubating inside my liver for at least a decade. it is a misunderstood virus, and i would like to say that i have never had sex in my life... not by any specific absitnence vow or geekiness, i'm just not needing that. in fact i've never even had a girlfriend, not because i'm gay (lol, nope, not gay) or whatever, i just can't get a girl to like me. not a charismatic type.

so, i'm done pussyfooting around it: i have hepatitis c. when i heard that, my first thought was motherfucker! are you kidding me? the 'you' i am referring to is probability, i think. not really sure. i talk to myself alot to pronouns get muddled. but on the whole i wasn't really surprised. not that i was expecting to get a viral infection (which has practically been in my fucking body since i was a kid) but i'm kinda tired of everything and i don't follow what i believe in. i think this is god's way of saying hey, dude. you seriously need to reprioritize. my parents have been making a big deal about it, praying with me and such. i don't really feel all that bummed about it. honestly i couldn't care much less. life was getting dull, anyhow, why not throw in a potentially life-changing infection? however the sypmtoms have been pointing more and more towards my having had this since an early age. it's slightly relieving to know i'm not a lazy douchebag but, in fact someone with a virus. i don't want to be a lazy douchebag! now i know it isn't really something i could have changed on my own.

so this is life in the world i live in. it's like yours, but with more lame jokes, more laziness and a dog named Trypanosomiasis. or Tryp if you're too lazy. although she is Trypanosomiasis when she's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment